Archibat HR Asia is looking for an BD Manager for a Famous American Retail Architecture Design Firm to be based in their Shanghai Office.
The Shanghai Business Development Manager will work to continue to improve the company’s overall market position and financial growth in China. The candidate will assist in defining long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions in the region.
New Business Development
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business;
• Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities;
• Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging a network;
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization;
• Research and build relationships with new clients;
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s professional staff and Company leadership;
• Plan approaches and pitches around knowledge and understanding of the company’s value proposition and legacy projects;
• Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client ‘s needs, concerns, and objectives;
• Participate in pricing the solution/service;
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion;
• Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately;
• Present a professional, problem solver, can do image.
• Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships;
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs;
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
Business Development Planning
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends;
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels;
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales;
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company ‘s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
• Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate;
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system;
• Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met;
• Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets;
• Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner;
• Ensure all team members professionally represent the company;
• Present business development training and mentoring to other internal staff;
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities;
• Understand the company’s goals and objectives so that the company’s performance is improved and enhanced.
• Minimum 6-8 years’ work experience with knowledge and background experience in an architectural, planning or landscape design office in China
• Good written and verbal communication skills both in English and Chinese
• Professional presentation skills and positive and pleasant personality and attitude
• Able to travel frequently within China
Position based in Shanghai.
If you are suitable or have any friends to recommend, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org