CEO Bahrein – Luxury Interiors
Incorporated in 1960, our client is a group originally specialised in decorative painting. Having remarkably imposed its presence on its core market, the group further expanded in other activities, through successive well-targeted acquisitions of companies with exceptional know-hows, in different, however complementary, activities, with similar or related customer and prescriber networks, in order to maximize synergies.
The group is now composed of various companies, with leading positions in their respective domains of activity. It is organized around 7 main know-hows:
– Decorative painting and gilding
– Stone and marble coatings
– Stonework and masonry
– Art lightings and chandeliers
– Gypsum and ornamentation.
The group, which generated a 2017 consolidated turnover of €171m and counts circa 1.000 employees, currently works on new and renovation works throughout the world. International sales account for 50% of the sales, for both public and private prestigious clients.
The group owns two Bahrain-based companies specializing in full interior design services, ranging from painting to tapestry, joinery and interior design, with projects achieved throughout the Gulf countries.
They work on high-end luxury projects, with an unparalleled image and references, with projects achieved for the leading families in Bahrein and the region, top level dignitaries and prominent business people, as well as the most luxurious hotels, restaurants, retail and other commercial projects.
Both companies gather 120 employees altogether, broken down in several workshops (decorative painting, furniture/ fit-out, straw marquetry, curtains and tapestry).
Descriptif du poste
The Group is seeking to appoint a C.E.O. for both Bahrain subsidiaries, for a job start in April 2019 at the latest.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful team and be involved in all aspects of company management.
Being the legal representative of both companies before all third parties, you will be responsible for managing the companies under all aspects:
Sales and strategy:
– Defining and implementing the overall strategy of the companies with the aim of developing their image, business and maximizing profitability
– Developing the companies’ business, notably through the development of strong relations with the company’s current and potential clients and prescribers
– Developing the companies’ image through the implementation of a strong communication strategy (participation to exhibitions, brochures, warrants, etc.).
Planning and execution of projects:
– Elaborating, supervising and approving project drawings and quotations
– Supervising the company foremen, installers and workers, and being responsible for the efficiency, the profitability and good and timely management of projects
– Being responsible for the respect of project delays and quality of work.
– Managing and supervising the workshops in terms of organization, staff management, health and safety, equipment maintenance
– Optimizing the productivity of the workshops
– Supervising the purchasing policy as well as recourse to sub-contracting.
Human resources management:
– Recruiting, motivating, developing and managing the companies’ staff in order to meet the companies’ objectives and growth plans
– Definition of the remuneration policy for both the companies’ workers and office staff.
Treasury and finance:
– Elaborating and complying to the companies’ annual budget, monthly reporting and cash forecasts
– Responsible for cash management, customer receivables recovery, validation of supplier purchase orders, etc.
Being responsible for the compliance of the companies to all applicable
The ideal candidate will have:
· An engineer or business background. A previous experience as a foreman in the building industry is required.
· Commercial acumen and confidence to effectively deal with a diversity of people from the team, clients and their advisers, suppliers, subcontractors, and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients
· Strong experience in team management
· Adaptability, autonomy and organizational skills
· A strong desire to settle in Bahrein on a long-term basis
. Perfect command of french and english languages, arabic a real plus
Job start in April 2019 at the latest. Position based in Bahrain.
Remuneration package includes : basic salary, allowances regarding housing, transportation, children education, health and pensions contributions.