Descriptif du poste
Archibat HR Asia is looking for a Store Design Director for a worldwide famous food and beverage firm for their Shanghai office. Please check the following requirements:
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to company success by directing a team of in- house and outsourced architectural designers responsible for producing construction documents for retail store development within a region, and renovations. Ensures that construction documents are consistent with company design objectives and architectural and quality standards while communicating and executing the Company’s brand image. Models and acts in accordance with company guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership – Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
– Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
– Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote company key messages and achieve a competitive advantage
Planning and Execution – Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
– Leadership to lead and support the team to deliver the highest quality work;
– Collaborate with peers on talent sharing, resource planning and work allocations;
– Be design voice to advocate branding to support team to consistently execute design strategy;
– Forecast the work flows to prevent bottle neck on design delivery; strategic plans for work group;
– Meets with regional business units to verify that business needs are being met by the department.
– Oversees the retail store design process to ensure that designs meet company and landlord design criteria, and that construction documents comply with architectural and quality standards, building codes and health and safety regulations.
– Plans and manages business unit processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
– Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization
Business Requirements – Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
– Directs design team in collaborating with a cross-functional development team and external service providers on the design process for retail store development.
– Directs development of project plans and schedules and ensures accurate and timely production of construction documents to support store development plans of the business unit.
– Participates in cross functional meetings for new store planning and renovation strategy.
– Negotiates contracts with vendors, ensures contract compliance and manages ongoing relationship.
Partner Development & Team Building – Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
– Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
– Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
– Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
– Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
– Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
Summary of Experience
– Leading a team of 8+ architects and interior designers 6 years
– Hiring and managing outside consultants 8 years
– Leading teams and developing partners 8 years
– Project management 8 years
– Retail or hospitality design 6 years
– Presentations to large groups
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
– Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design
– Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
– Ability to apply costing means and methods
– Fluent Mandarin speaking is required, Chinese writing and reading is plus.
If you are suitable or have any friends to recommend, please send your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org