Archibat HR Asia is looking for a Workplace Interior Design Director for a Global International Architecture Interior Design firm to be based in their Tokyo, Japan office.
Descriptif du poste
The Workplace Design Director will have had experience in leading design efforts for Workplace environments. The ideal candidate will have proven skills in establishing/developing design schemes and leading / coordinating design teams for interior architectural projects. Candidates must have significant knowledge of commercial furniture and finishes. Effective communication and presentation skills are required. Candidates must have strong leadership skills and extensive experience leading design teams on multiple projects. Candidates must be fluent in English and Communication in Japanese would be an advantage.
What You Will Do:
• Leading design efforts through all phases of Workplace interior projects including guiding, advising, and mentoring other designers on projects, developing design directions and leading design critiques/forums
• Acting as primary design interface with clients Selecting interior finishes, furniture and equipment
• Producing space plans, furniture plans, elevations, conceptual and finished design presentation documentation
• Providing solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives
• Reviewing drawings, mock ups, materials, and finish samples submitted by project contractors Delivering the highest quality of professional service
- 15+ years experience in the design of Workplace interior projects
- Holds a degree in interior design from an accredited program
- Knowledge of applicable building code and ADA code compliance regulations
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in all aspects of interior design
- Preferably proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, 3D Studio, sketch up and free hand sketches
- Proficiency in English mandatory, communication in Japanese would be an advantage.
Position is to be based in Tokyo, Japan