Archibat HR Asia is looking for a Studio Manager for an Award Winning Asian Architecture and Interior Design Firm to be based in their Shanghai Office. This office focus mainly on delivering quality service on high end luxury hospitality projects across Asia.
As a Studio Manager, Shanghai, you will work closely with other leaders responsible for our interior design services at the practice, studio, and project levels to insure the highest level of operational performance for design and delivery of our luxury hospitality portfolio.
• Management of assigned Studio(s) to achieve operational performance metrics, including those related to design process, execution, and workflow; resource capacity, utilisation and productivity; and financial performance.
• Overview management of project leadership within the Studio(s), specifically related to contracts and client management, project workflow, and talent utilisation.
• Collaboration with project, creative, and functional leaders — including Business Development (BD), Marketing, Finance, HR, Legal, and IT — in areas related to client engagement and management; talent acquisition, engagement and development; and knowledge and innovation development.
• Training and development of project leaders related to the economics of practice, standards of process and quality, and collaborative work management tools (like Clarizen).
• May serve as Project Manager on assigned projects.
• May be involved in client and business development.
• At least 10 years of working experience in interiors, including 5+ years of recent experience with international luxury hotels and resorts, and 5+ years of recent experience leading projects and/or studios with total annual revenues of $3M or more (SGD NSV).
• BArch or equivalent; MArch or equivalent is preferred.
• Experience working in Asia, Europe, and/or the Middle East.
• Ability to travel internationally on assigned projects, including presentations, coordination meetings, and site visits.
• Fluency in Mandarin (Spoken & written).
• Experience as a senior project manager with quality control (QC) experience on both architecture and interior architecture design projects.
• Ability to plan and delegate, as well as the desire to lead and mentor younger staff and promote a culture of teamwork.
• Highly professional demeanour, with excellent graphic and communication skills, including fluency in English and Mandarin, both oral and written.
• High level of proficiency in client, consultant, and contract management on an international level.
• Knowledge of individual trades, subcontractors and sequencing, as well as extensive on-site experience with complex hospitality projects.
• Thorough knowledge of architecture and interior production standards, detailing, building materials, building codes, and Interior construction means and methods.
• Detail-oriented and able to provide quality control review of documentation.
• Experience using CAD and MS Office (Excel), as well as basic sketching by hand and using digital software like SketchUp.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight timelines.
• Significant experience with project budgeting and scheduling, preferably using appropriate software; eg, MS Project, GANTT charts.
• Commitment to work with other team members to create opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
• Personal characteristics that include being a fundamentally nice person with good judgment who is intelligent, creative, collaborative, and articulate.
• Ability to perform CD/CA tasks, as well as successfully assist in resolving code and construction issues in a confident, creative manner.
Position based in Shanghai.
If you are suitable and interested in this role, please send your cv portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org